Streamlining will result in a more efficient and effective public school system. Services that are currently being provided by various state agencies will be transferred to the Department of Education. This will reduce red tape and quicken the response time in meeting school needs.
Key functions to be transferred:
- Construction of new school facilities
- Repair and maintenance
- Civil service recruitment and screening
- Labor relations for civil service staff
- Background checks
- School health aides
- Control of federal funds and grant monies
- Interagency Working Group Reports (latest on top)
- Memoranda of Understanding and Service Level Agreements (latest on top)
Press Room • Newsletters • FAQ • Site Map • Comments
Cutting through bureaucratic red tape to get the job done faster.
When our schools reach for resources, they will get them quickly and easily.